Cleaning Your Hot Tub
The task of cleaning your hot tub while maintaining the correct PH levels and chemicals can be a daunting chore to a lot of hot tub owners. That is why we are here to do the job for you, as well as offer some helpful tips to help keep your spa clean after each use.
Proper Hot Tub Care
- Spa Filter Cartridge Maintenance
- Checking PH levels of the spa water
- Sanitizing water
- Maintaining your Hot Tub Cover
Hot Tub Filters
Filters need to be taken care of much like that of the lint trap in your dryer. In order for your dryer to run efficiently and dry clothes effectively you must clean out your lint trap. Same goes for hot tub filter cartridges. Minerals and calcification are known to clog just about any filtration system. To prevent the build up that causes clogging you should regularly take your filter and spray it with a garden hose rotating as you do.
In some cases special cleaning agents may be used to clean the filters, this can be left to a professional to make sure the right amount, as well as the right chemical is used. Why? The wrong chemicals can cause bigger issues in the functioning of your hot tub as well as make it unsafe for people to use. Not only that, but a build up of any chemical will definitely throw off the PH levels and create more issues for those trying to enjoy the jets and warm water. Keep in mind that while regular cleaning is definitely important, it is also very important that you change your hot tub filters every 1-2 years, depending on hot tub use.
Hot Tub Water PH Levels
Ph levels in the water are important to monitor because they are a create tool in making sure that the water is safe for users and that things will continue to run efficiently. Checking your PH levels periodically, or after stretches between uses, is also a good to make sure the chemical levels are where they should be before each use.
Sanitizing Your Hot Tub
Hot Tub water sanitization is very important as well. Bacteria thrives on heat and warm places making your hot tub a prime candidate for algae, bacteria, and other harmful impurities. Maintaining the sanitizer in your hot tub helps to keep these bad guys at bay and allows for a cleaner, safer hot tub environment for you and your guests. However, there is such thing as too much of a good thing.
Too much sanitizer can be harmful and can irritate your lungs, skin, and eyes. If you are unsure of the amount of sanitizer you should use, it is always suggested that you read your hot tubs owner manual. If you still are not entirely comfortable, leave it to the professionals. Our techs at Hot Tub Patrol will gladly give you advice and answer any questions you have regarding care and maintenance. Please don’t hesitate to ask your tech any questions or share any concerns you may have about your hot tub.
Why Regularly Clean Your Hot Tub?
The Benefits of a Dip In The Hot Tub
- Reduces Stress/Anxiety: The warm water coupled with the massaging force of the jets helps to create a sense of weightlessness. This eases both physical and mental stress. When stress is reduced there is a significant drop in anxiety. So climb in the hot tub and ease your worries away while enjoying the warm water!
- Helps Reduce Chronic Pain: the warm temperature of the water and light pressure of the jets can help ease pain created by carpal tunnel, arthritis, and tendonitis. Why? When relaxed and immersed in the warm water your blood circulation increases giving more oxygen to your muscles and cells. This increase in circulation helps tense muscles relax as well as lessens inflammation in joints, which in turn can ease pain. It also improves flexibility.
- Improves Sleep:When our body’s temperature is on the cold side we tend to have disrupted sleep patterns. When our bodies are comfortably warm(like after getting out of a hot tub) we fall asleep quicker and experience less interruptions in our sleep pattern. When we get a good night’s sleep it affects a multitude of things. We see a positive increase in mood, mental awareness, and our bodies metabolize food better and faster! Sounds like a win win situation to me! Everyone should own a hot tub!
- Lowers Blood Sugar(Is this true?): Beginning research has found spending time in your hot tub can help lower blood sugar levels of those with type 2 diabetes! How is this possible? The hot temperatures found in your hot tub help to mimic physical exercise. Exercise in turn has been proven to help lower blood sugar in those with type 2 diabetes
- Healthier Skin: How can this be? It goes hand in hand with the fact your hot tub helps relieve stress and anxiety. High stress and anxiety levels can aid in showing signs of premature aging on your skin. The relaxation of your hot tubs water and jets help increase circulation as well, which in turn delivers more blood flow to your skin allowing for more moisture and nutrients to be absorbed. Your hot tub makes you GLOW!
- Helps Reduce Migraines Caused By Tension Headaches: Because of it’s tension relieving effects on muscles, taking a dip in your hot tub can help deflate that migraine being brought on by a bad tension headache. Easing the stress of your tight muscles and allowing for better oxygen flow to your muscles created by the increase in circulation will combat that tension migraine before it’s able to start! I’m getting in the hot tub!